FAQ Freedrum Electronic Drumsticks
How do I play Freedrum Electronic Drumsticks?
If you want to learn more about how to play Freedrum Electronic Drumsticks, click on this button for helpful information and tips:
How to Play Freedrum Electronic Drumsticks
How do I connect to my smartphone or computer?
Connecting your Freedrum Electronic Drumsticks is easy with the Freedrum Studio app. There are two simple ways to do it:
- On the startup screen, go to the device connection menu and select "Freedrum".
- If you've used the app before and you see a drum kit (this is the tab called "Free Play"), simply tap the circular button on the bottom-right to connect. Once you've selected "Freedrum" in the list, just press it to connect and then tap "continue".
One thing to note is that with the Freedrum Electronic Drumsticks, you only need to connect to one Bluetooth device, which is different from the original Freedrum that required connecting to four separate devices.
How do I calibrate the Freedrum Electronic Drumsticks?
When you start playing Freedrum, it's important to calibrate your drumsticks. This helps make sure your drum kit is set up in the right position. Here's how to calibrate your drumsticks:
- Point both drumsticks directly in front of you.
- Press both buttons at the same time.
- If the calibration was successful, the right drumstick will light up blue, and the left drumstick will light up red.
- If they don't light up blue and red, simply repeat the process.
That's it! After you calibrate your drumsticks, you're ready to start playing Freedrum.
How do I correctly attach the pedal sensors to my knees?
First, attach the circular pedal sensors to your legs, positioning them just above your knees. Make sure the (L) icon is on your left leg and the (R) icon is on your right leg. The icons should be on the insides of your legs so you can read them easily. It's important to note that the pedals should be facing upwards.
How do I re-buddy a kit when the devices are not connecting?
To reset the connections between all the devices, follow these steps:
- Press the button on the device four times quickly, then press and hold down the button. If you do this correctly, the device will blink magenta instead of blue when turning off.
- Repeat this step for all devices to erase their buddy information.
- To complete the reset, turn the devices back on in this order: right pedal, left pedal, then sticks. Wait for each one to turn yellow. Once the right pedal stops blinking magenta, the devices are all connected and should turn green.
For more information about the kit behaviour, click the following button:
What is the meaning of the LED colors on the sensors?
This chart displays all the different LED light color options and their meanings:
How do I check the firmware version of the Freedrum Electronic Drumsticks?
To check the firmware version of your Freedrum Electronic Drumsticks, follow these steps:
- To begin, tap the circular button located at the bottom-right of the screen once you have connected to your kit.
- This will open the "My Devices" menu.
- Tap the orange "i" button to access device information.
- The firmware version you're currently using will be displayed.
And that's it! Now you know how to check the firmware version of your Freedrum Electronic Drumsticks.
Can I use Freedrum Electronic Drumsticks with a VST plugin?
Yes, you can use Freedrum Electronic Drumsticks with a VST (Virtual Studio Technology) plugin. To do so, you would need to connect the Freedrum sensors to your computer or mobile device using Bluetooth and then use a VST-compatible digital audio workstation (DAW) or music production software that supports MIDI input. Once connected, you can use the sensors to trigger MIDI notes in your chosen VST plugin and create beats.
Can I use MIDI features without a subscription?
Yes, you can use the MIDI features of Freedrum without a subscription. MIDI support is available in the Freedrum Studio apps, and it allows you to connect your Freedrum sensors to MIDI-compatible software, such as a digital audio workstation (DAW) or drum VST plugin.
However, some advanced features such as Note Highway, Sheet Music and Activity Tracking are part of Freedrum Studio subscription.
For more information about how we've configured the MIDI note numbers in our app, click the following button:
How do I report a technical issue?
If you encounter a technical issue, don't hesitate to send us an email at email@example.com.
Please provide the following details if applicable:
- What platform are you using (Android, iOS, Mac, Windows)?
- What is your operating system version?
- What is your app version?
- What product model are you using?
- What is your firmware version?
Adding a screenshot or video of the issue you're experiencing can be very helpful.
What should I do if I need help?
If you need help, we're happy to assist! Just shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and our Freedrum support team will respond to you as soon as possible.